Tuesday 25 September 2007

Websites being shut down in China

Well I slept 14 hours last night and feel a little bit better today. Still waiting for phone calls from my daughter and my son. It is lonely when you live so far away from your children and I do not know if I will ever get used to it. Sure there are friends who you have in your life but family takes a special place in one's life. It's the blood thing. Thicker than water and all that stuff. I remember growing up on my parents farm,where my two aunt's farms and my uncle's were right next to each other so there were laneways inter-crossing between each farms. We would gather every Saturday night at the oldest aunt's house and the children would watch hockey while the adults drank home made wine,played cards,sang songs and agrued whose tobacco crop was better. They were good times, no they were great times.You knew who you were. There was family all around,so if you had a problem, you could get advice from some one else across the fence. I miss those times.

Found this article at Free Press about how China is shutting down websites that appear to contradict goverment policy and that are more interactive. It can be found here

No comments: